Giorgi Kacharava, Executive Director of EU-Georgia Business Council, took part at the EU4Business General Assembly 2019 held in Brussels on June 28.
The European Union’s EU4Business initiative is an umbrella initiative that covers all EU activities supporting SMEs in the Eastern Partnership countries.
EU4Business includes 43 projects in the Eastern Partnership region, implemented both on a regional and bilateral level. The overall active portfolio amounts to almost €320 million of EU support under EU4Business, and has triggered a total of more than €1.96 billion of loans granted by partner banks to SMEs in the region.
Executive Director of EU-Georgia Business Council, Giorgi Kacharavatook part at the 6th EaP Business Forum, held in Bucharest on June 25, 2019.
The Business Forum addressed contemporary challenges facing the business world – with a special focus on SME’s and marking the 10th anniversary of the EaP by:
– Stimulating trade and economic cooperation among partner countries and between them and the EU, at governmental and business level;
– Evaluating the results achieved so far in the implementation of the 20 deliverables for 2020 with focus on trade perspective for EU-EaP Partners
– Contributing to the objective related to the improvement of the investment and business environment and unlocking SME’s growth potential in EaP region.
On June 14, 2019 EU -Georgia Business Council organized Regional Business Forum in Bratislava, titled “Doing Business in Georgia”. General Partners of the event were companies “Gino Holding” and “Polymer 1” and partner was “Hualing Kutaisi Free Industrial Zone”.
Representatives of more than 80 Slovak, Austrian, Polish, Czech and Georgian companies participated in the business forum, mainly from the following sectors – Free Industrial Zone, Banks, Transport Transportation and Logistics, Construction, Energy, Tourism, Agriculture and Business Consulting.
The forum was followed by the economic photo exhibition and B2B meetings, in order to discuss future cooperation between the interested companies.
EUGBC organized the following Business Forum in cooperation with Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia, Georgian Embassies in Slovakia and Austria, Slovak Chamber of Commerce, Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) and with the Agency “Enterprise in Georgia”.
EUGBC Top Management and Member companies met Senior representatives of IMPAQ International, LLC (IMPAQ). The IMPAQ team is currently implementing the “Strengthening Government Labor Law Enforcement” project, funded by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB). Through this project, the IMPAQ team plans to support the following efforts:
- Adopting laws, regulations, and other legal instruments that are consistent with relevant labour standards;
- Improving the identification and remediation of labour law violations;
- Improving the prosecution of labour law violations.
Masson, Research Analyst) are planning to visit Georgia to discuss this project and develop partnerships with key stakeholders, such as yourself, and would like to request a meeting with you. Therefore, I would like to schedule a meeting at your convenience and to further discuss or explore ideas that are of interest to both of us.