InnovFin – EU Finance for Innovators
EUGBC took part in organizing an interactive seminar to present the extensive range of support available to innovative and growing businesses in Georgia.
The European Investment Bank Group hosted the presentation “InnovFin – EU Finance for Innovators”. Ir is a joint initiative launched by the European Investment Bank Group (EIB and EIF) in cooperation with the European Commission under Horizon 2020. InnovFin consists of a series of integrated and complementary financing tools and advisory services offered by the EIB Group, covering the entire value chain of research and innovation (R&I) in order to support investments from the smallest to the largest enterprise.
Under EIB Innovation Finance (InnovFin) range there are specially designed products for:
- banks and financial intermediaries;
- mid-sized and large innovative business; and
- large research and innovation projects emanating from universities and public research organisations, among others.
EIB also offers specialist financing for:
- first-of-a-kind commercial-scale demonstration projects in the fields of renewable energy and hydrogen and fuel cells;
- project developers of vaccines, drugs, medical and diagnostic devices or novel research infrastructures for infectious diseases that have successfully completed the pre-clinical stage working.
Lastly, EIB can also offer advisory services to companies and other promoters investing in innovation, so that they can be better prepared to access EIB financing and/or other sources.
The seminar consisted of concise product presentations and case studies, followed by a networking reception and one-to-one information desk.
Both the EU and the EIB Group intend to more than double their combined support for research and innovation in Europe until 2020, making more than EUR 24bn available.